Enhance your New Tab Page with ultimate customizability and power. Awesome, like you. [aNTP]
IMPORTANT: This is an early preview primarily targeted towards widget developers. Want to make a widget? Check this out: https://github.com/michaelhart/ntp-widget-shell
- A New Tab Page with more than just icons; meet dynamic widgets
- Move things around to fit your needs. Remove things that don't.
- Create custom shortcuts (just like apps) anywhere on the web
- Resize apps, shortcuts, and even some widgets
- Make your own widgets (if you're a developer) using HTML5/CSS3, just like a Chrome extension (because widgets *are* Chrome extensions!)
Developing a widget?
This may help get you started:
When you're ready to publish your widget to the Chrome Web Store, be sure to mention that it is or contains a widget for Awesome New Tab Page. Be sure to include the text "Awesome New Tab Page"
This way, widgets can be found here:
A Few Ideas for Widgets:
- Facebook, Google+, and Twitter
- Google Calendar, Google Reader, YouTube
- UrbanDictionary word of the day, quote of the day
Remember that widgets are full Chrome extensions. You're not necessarily limited to APIs, and have the full power of the web at your finger tips.
Have an idea or suggestion?
Post it here: http://ntp.uservoice.com/
Q: Can I remove the stock widgets from the home screen?
A: Of course! Unlock the widgets, then press the Trash icon when you mouse over the tile.
Q: Can I uninstall apps with this extension?
A: Yes. Ensure widgets are locked, open the Apps menu, then click the Trash Can icon when you mouse over the app. A confirmation will appear.
Q: Can I uninstall stock apps and widgets?
A: No, they're bundled in this extension and can not be removed without removing this extension. You *can* remove them from your home screen, of course.
Q: Can I change the background color?
A: Yes, click the "Background Color" button in the top right. Use the color picker to select your desired color; your preference is saved as you change the color.
Q: Can I set the background to a picture?
A: Not yet, but vote for this issue if you feel it's important: http://ntp.uservoice.com
Q: Can I synchronize my preferences between computers?
A: Eventually. http://ntp.uservoice.com
Q: How do I remove this extension?
A: In the top right corner, click the Wrench Icon. Go to Tools > Extensions. Find this extension and remove it.